There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Solid company, with a lot of kinds to work out

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager III  in  Passaic, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Banking Center Manager III in Passaic, NJ (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Outstanding benefits. Stability. Depending on geographic location, opportunity.

Cons

Salaries are midpack, disorganized systems in retail banking branches, constantly shifting priorities (frequently customer unfriendly), and additionally a serious product offering problem. Poor alignment of comp plan with real customer opportunities. Directionless management responsible for such ditties as the Countrywide purchase - the gift that keeps on giving.

The company always stresses "the voice of the customer" but products frequently do not match the quality our competitors' in the marketplace. Perhaps the voice of the customer and associate should be paid more than just hollow lip service.

6523 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

In the area I work in, the management is very supportive and I'm really using my skills. Good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Business Support Manager  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/Life balance is great. I feel very supported by management. I also have gotten a lot of recognition and exposure to executives. They have leveraged and developed my skill set. I have decent freedom with my time/location.

Cons

Too many meetings, lots of discussion, sometimes need people to just take ownership rather than push it away. Also need people to make good decisions rather than endlessly discuss everything as a team.

Teamwork is great, but reward those who take ownership and establish a clear decision. Also, keep up the good work of being supportive and developing your team - it creates loyalty.

Not Terrible but not Great Either

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Wilmington, DE (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are lots of benefits available to you as an employee of the company. These range from the typical healthcare benefits to banking products and other discounts.

Cons

Generally, an employee is just a number. Do not expect any significant degree of loyalty on behalf of the organization.

Treat your people more like people and less like a number and you will get a lot more out of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!