In the area I work in, the management is very supportive and I'm really using my skills. Good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Business Support Manager  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/Life balance is great. I feel very supported by management. I also have gotten a lot of recognition and exposure to executives. They have leveraged and developed my skill set. I have decent freedom with my time/location.

Cons

Too many meetings, lots of discussion, sometimes need people to just take ownership rather than push it away. Also need people to make good decisions rather than endlessly discuss everything as a team.

Teamwork is great, but reward those who take ownership and establish a clear decision. Also, keep up the good work of being supportive and developing your team - it creates loyalty.

Other Reviews for Bank of America

very good

Former Employee - Trading Analyst  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Trading Analyst in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Bank of America as an intern for less than a year

Pros

interned on derivative trading desk in HK, very nice people and dynamic environment. Everybody is nice and easy to get some talks with them to learn about what they do.

Cons

Not much return offer given to intern after the summer. Lagging competitors on this category over past few years. Blame it on bad market conditions.

Great opportunities for entry-level

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Great career growth and opportunities within your LOB or department. Understanding of work-family balance. Generous schedule flexibility.

Cons

Pay isn't the best compared to other financial institutions, especially entry-level. Limitations in trying to move up, across other departments. Prior risk has damaged the company's reputation within communities. Need more investment in training employees for soft skills and professional programs.

Be conscientious of how mid-managers communicate changes to associates. They are your mouth pieces. Also be aware of how familiar they are with the daily requisites and constraints of the process they are in charge of.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!