There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

Annual review

Current Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Once the machine is set in motion, it is a very powerful machine. Tends to be stuck in the starting blocks for a while, and project management system while necessary is sucking life out of innovation as well as time to market.

Cons

Takes a while to find who makes decisions, and to enforce. Dedication of the top management to a particular project is not flet with the urgency needed to the lower echelons

get rid of pdm, replace with a much lighter project management system at the service of the engineering team, and not vice versa.

639 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes (View Most Recent)

I have learned a lot and have been able to travel to different parts of the country.

Current Employee - Engineer I
    Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer many classes to help you learn about your job and the company.

Cons

In some divisions, they do not pay as much attention to your career development as they should.

Make sure to spend some time focusing on your employees' career path. If they are working hard for you, then you need to do what it takes to keep them with you.

Surface Logging Department Aberdeen. Dreadfully short staffed. Terrible department.

Current Employee - Data Engineer  in  Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Data Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time for more than a year

Pros

In other areas they are neither good or bad.

Cons

Working for the SLS department in Aberdeen you will find out that you have the worst rotas of anyone on the rig and you are the lowest paid. Even the cleaners get more money or the same. Yes, I accept low pay but how can you put up with these rotas? They are always bad. You only get equivalent time off if you book a holiday. You always do a week more than you get off and some people regularly do 3 on 1 off. It is relentless. I wanted to work hard and progress in the company but I feel drained by not having te right time off with my family. People have tried to complain to the managers but they just continue to do it. If they sorted this out the company would be fine but it has been really really bad for a while.

A vicious circle. Don't hire enough, the present employees leave because of continuous over work and ridiculous yearly hours and get even shorter staffed. Loose experienced people.

Make an effort to hire more and give people 2 weeks on and 2 off or 3 on and 3 off and employees will stay and you will have more experienced, better motivated staff. It is ok to do a few 3 on 2 off but not continuous 3 on 2 off or 3 on 1 off.

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!