Bain & Company

www.bain.com
  www.bain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Great company to build foundational business skills

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Fun work hard, play hard culture
- Best business training ground
- Help make real change at clients, not just perform studies

Cons

- Lot of hours
- Can be a lot of trouble, although they have improved this quite a bit (office dependent also)
- Up or out meritocracy is good if you're going up, no so much if you are good but just need more time to mature

Recognize the need for some consultants to take more time to make it to the next level, and give it to them

641 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

A vibrant place to work with great culture and tones of opportunities for having impact and developing skills

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Minimum office politics: The company is very result oriented which encourages everyone to focus on the objective and reduces the politics involved compare to other companies that I worked at.
    -A true Meritocracy: The promotion process is truly based on merit which give all the employees motivation to focus on doing the best they can for solving the clients challenges
    -Great culture: Teams are extremely supportive which creates a ideal atmosphere to work in

Cons

Bain probably has one of the best work life balance in consulting industry but at the end of the day the work load is not predictable making it difficult to plan your schedule during the week.

Filled with people I personally and professionally admire

Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is no shortage of inspirational leaders. I can safely point to the majority of my bosses/supervisors and say, "If this firm attracts those kinds of people, then I'm happy to be a part of it"
    Your peers are there to help you. The environment is intense and the work is challenging - it's enjoyable because you aren't 'competing' against your peers, you are propelled by them.

Cons

Southeast office means a lot of travel to Thailand/Indonesia etc. On the plus side you will typically always spend Friday in your home office with the rest of the team.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company