An incredible growth experience

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

More variety in staffing than at peers, always being pushed to the next level, strong friendships and mentorships across all levels of the organization, management works very hard to address issues

Cons

While Bain has made efforts to moderate the downsides of consulting as an industry, they're still there. Like in any client service industry, there can be last-minute requests, difficult client relationships and crush periods, as well as the usual travel lifestyle. I do feel like Bain does a good job of managing these to the highest extent possible, but they're still a fact of life.

Other Reviews for Bain & Company

Fun and exciting, lack of oppurtunities

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Bain & Company

Pros

Fun, great culture. You will form life long bonds with the people you work with.

Cons

There is a massive disconnect between consulting and administrative employees. The lack of structure of the admin side makes career advancement a nearly impossible. When an oppurtunity would arise the lack of mentiorship leaves the admin staff with almost no chance of moving forward. The salary level is at least 20% lower than other Boston based jobs.

Start valuing your talented admin staff.

Proud Alumni

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Bain & Company

Pros

Working at Bain was a pleasure and a joy. My colleagues were smart, impressive and enjoyable to spend time with. I learned a tremendous amount and felt prepared for my business life, post-Bain. I now have friends for life and an exceptional business network.

Cons

More multinational clients and time 'on the coal-face' with clients means time away from home. I am fully supportive of being client-facing but it's a conscious trade-off that applicants will need to make (and no different from the competition).

Keep up the fantastic global training sessions!

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!