There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Over Worked, Under paid, short staffed!

Current Employee - Senior/Vault Teller in Orlando, FL (US)
Current Employee - Senior/Vault Teller in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The only pro there is for me is the benefits, only because I'm single.

Cons

I work in a branch in Central Florida, we are always short staffed. We try to see if we can get more help, but we "don't qualify" for another person...what a joke! So when you come to "The Best Bank in Town"...haha, you will be waiting a while for something that should take only minutes. Most of the time, you will find only two people in a branch, talk about unprofessional. The policies are horrible, and when you ask for assistance from people, you never get the same answer from both parties. There are so many inconsistencies as well. The management is horrible! I would never recommend this bank. The pay is absolutely horrible, with short staffing and high expectations, the pay needs to be higher. They also do not live up to the culture that is preached to every employee.

Don't expect anything from management, they are hardly even around. They are expected to be outside of the office on business calls...supposedly, which is great and all, but that leaves the lack of approval authority in the branch for the ones who are there doing all the real work! Give an appropriate pay rate for people who have been with the company for years, vs people who have just been hired.

531 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Teller

Former Employee - Teller in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Greensboro, NC (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overall this is a great company. I would by the stock.

Cons

However, if you are a teller it will take you 4 years minimum to move up just to teller manager. Managers are rude, and lacked any managerial skills or intelligence. They also push to sell sell sell!

Hire more intelligent managers who actually have managing experience!

Average bank

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

BB&T still matches 6% on the 401k and employees are still eligible for a pension. As long as you are close to hitting your goals your superiors will leave you alone. They have decent training for lenders on how credit works. Still one of the last big banks to give lenders loan authority.

Cons

Way behind the curve in technology which is very frustrating. Communication between leadership and the branches is nonexistent. The leadership has closed ears and do not listen to anyone that questions the why or how things are done. Everyone is made to give the same canned speech to clients and prospects...its embarrassing and clients will call you out on it. BB&T is so slow on communication and technology that you won't be able to see how you are doing in your yearly goals until June or July...that's pathetic. And your goals will change without warning.

Stop pretending that you know everything... its ok to change from running the bank like its still 1995. Also,the incentive is horrible.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T