BB&T

www.bbt.com

Branch Banking and Trust

Current Employee - Support Specialist  in  Wilson, NC (US)
Current Employee - Support Specialist in Wilson, NC (US)

Pros

Always looking for people to hire, both Financial and Technical

Cons

A lot of policing. Inside employees refer to BBT as Big Brother and Trust because they have people walk thru the offices and report to managment what thye see that they do not like or may not meet their standards like papers on the desk, chair not under desk after 5, not sitting correctlu in chair (feet to the side and not directlu in front) etc among other crazy communist things. The call centers seem to be the worst. After exceeding set high standards for numerous job requirements, get a 1% salary increase. Does not even pay for my gas and I have 2 degrees. . Stay away!!!

Other reviews for BB&T

Teller

Former Employee - Teller  in  Greensboro, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Greensboro, NC (US)

Pros

Overall this is a great company. I would by the stock.

Cons

However, if you are a teller it will take you 4 years minimum to move up just to teller manager. Managers are rude, and lacked any managerial skills or intelligence. They also push to sell sell sell!

Hire more intelligent managers who actually have managing experience!

A great learning-filled experience with the legal department.

Former Employee - Law Clerk  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Law Clerk in Raleigh, NC (US)

Pros

Everyone at BB&T really seems to enjoy both their job and the fact that they work at BB&T. The bank pride is palpable and contagious. Everyone in the legal department had an open door policy and was welcoming and helpful throughout my time with them. They immerse you immediately in interesting work and have you engaged with clients immediately. I really enjoyed my experience at a very impressive bank.

Cons

I have no cons to report. The company is doing well and my experience was a great one. I highly recommend this company.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!