Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

www.auxilium.com
  www.auxilium.com
There are newer employer reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros

The management is great. They say you don't quit your job, you quit your boss. My manager is an excellent person who I not only consider my boss, but he's also my mentor and my friend. I have an excellent opportunity for career growth and the company really encourages you to constantly educate yourself. The salary and incentive compensation can not only be considered fair, but they are very competitive. The benefits are great. Great insurance, company car, and corporate expense account. It is a very competitive work environment. You are rewarded and compensated for your hard work! Great place to work.

Cons

The 401k plan is not very good. They don't match much of what you decide to invest. The entire work day is spent traveling in a car (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are tired of office life). This can get lonely sometimes. It seems like lately I have been been listening to a lot of talk radio during the day to keep me occupied in the car. Since this is a "sales" position, there can be constant rejection from the doctors that you are speaking with. Also, this industry is volatile because it is based not simply on the success of the company, but also the political landscape and the insurance industry.

Communication is key. Since you don't live near your manager, and you don't work in an office, effecient communication is only done via electronic means. But other than that, my senior manager is one of the best managers that I have ever had. Honestly. The management in this company (from my experience) are competent, and genuine people. Take that comment with a grain of salt because I have only met roughly 10 members of management.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (View Most Recent)

Excellent

Former Employee - SSales Representaative in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Former Employee - SSales Representaative in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Compensation, manager company values

Cons

Not working there anymore and having doctors call me for samples and no rep has seen them since I was downsized.
    I tell them I am not employed there any more call home office.

None.

Loved my job, too bad they let some GREAT reps go!

Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Single rep territories and innovative therapies

Cons

Sell-out to Endo.... Let people transfer as well as start employement for JUST A FEW WEEKS before lay off. They knew. ;(

There are newer employer reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals