There are newer employer reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Medical Sales Consultant  in  Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Medical Sales Consultant in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros

The management is great. They say you don't quit your job, you quit your boss. My manager is an excellent person who I not only consider my boss, but he's also my mentor and my friend. I have an excellent opportunity for career growth and the company really encourages you to constantly educate yourself. The salary and incentive compensation can not only be considered fair, but they are very competitive. The benefits are great. Great insurance, company car, and corporate expense account. It is a very competitive work environment. You are rewarded and compensated for your hard work! Great place to work.

Cons

The 401k plan is not very good. They don't match much of what you decide to invest. The entire work day is spent traveling in a car (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are tired of office life). This can get lonely sometimes. It seems like lately I have been been listening to a lot of talk radio during the day to keep me occupied in the car. Since this is a "sales" position, there can be constant rejection from the doctors that you are speaking with. Also, this industry is volatile because it is based not simply on the success of the company, but also the political landscape and the insurance industry.

Communication is key. Since you don't live near your manager, and you don't work in an office, effecient communication is only done via electronic means. But other than that, my senior manager is one of the best managers that I have ever had. Honestly. The management in this company (from my experience) are competent, and genuine people. Take that comment with a grain of salt because I have only met roughly 10 members of management.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (View Most Recent)

Unorganized

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are hardworking and pleasant

Cons

Not enough vacation time compared to other Pharma companies.
    HR is not effective

Some of the low level managers have no idea what they are doing.

Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits as well as some great products.

Cons

The company hired sales managers from outside without giving opportunities to good tenured reps. This is one particular scenario where the managers need to have first hand experience with one of the products as a rep in the field before they can effectively manage their reps. There are a few good ones, but there are also a few of the worst managers I have ever seen in my career.

Promote from within for sales managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Worked for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!