Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
www.auxilium.com Malvern, PA 500 to 999 Employees

Wrong People, Wrong Emphasis for Success in the Pharmaceutical Development Business"

Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

ProsFor the moment, Auxilium Pharmaceuticals is still a small company in terms of interaction with managment, level of personal responsibility , empowerment and challenge in the job and (to a more limited extent), flexibility in working practices. The level of kindness and respectful behavior is unprecedentedly high in my work experience. Daily free lunch and company-sponsored fitness center membership (occasionally at odds with each other :o)!) are nice perquisites.

ConsThe emphasis on getting things done not just quickly, but in a ridiculously expedited fashion leads to mistakes, frequently serious, and an overall lack of quality in the end products. This has resulted in part from too much investment in Project Management and Sales (at the expense of investment in projects to manage and sell!), in part from "holdover nepotism" on the part of the company's founder, which placed inexperienced and/or unqualified people in key management roles, and in part from woeful ignorance on the part of past and present management regarding the whole process of drug development.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuccess in this business these days requires a vision beyond the present development candidate. Adding indications, regardless of market size, will not support growth; patents DO expire eventually! Slow down and do things right from the beginning.

Great company to work for!

Medical Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros: The management is great. They say you don't quit your job, you quit your boss. My manager is an excellent person who I not only… Cons: The 401k plan is not very good. They don't match much of what you decide to invest. The entire work day is spent traveling in… Advice to Senior Management: Communication is key. Since you don't live near your manager, and you don't work in an office, effecient communication is only done via electronic means.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for.

Medical Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent opportunities to move up. Pay was pretty good and I felt the… Cons: The main way to succeed is being in a territory with good managed care but that's pharma I guess. It seemed a big… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Auxilium Pharmaceuticals.

Worked for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals CEO Adrian Adams. All reviews posted anonymously by Auxilium Pharmaceuticals employees.