Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Avoid here, Sales Mgmt nightmare, no interest in Customer Sat, takes large deals away, few ever make 50% of quota

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

ProsAutonomy does have some outstanding software products that are good and provide value when they are installed and configured correctly.....

Very nice co-workers that will try to help you

Cons*Senior leadership does not care about the satisfaction of their customers.
*They acquire companies, integrate their IDOL technology, significantly reduce the development and support staff, but increase the sales force too large and very few sales people make any good money.
*Terrible customer support
* Sales leadership regularly in group meetings unprofessionally tears sales reps apart verbally.... a real team moral killer.
* The fastest revolving door of good sales people that I have ever witnessed.
* Sales leadership is very direct and aggressive about driving the sales teams to just close the business, take the money and run, whether the customer will benefit from the software or not.
* Many unhappy customers who admit that after they purchased the software they felt abandoned.
*Senior leadership only focused on selling the business to cash out which they did to HP who I believe will regret their decision

Advice to Senior ManagementHP management needs to completely clean house of all senior leadership and completely clean house of all sales leadership and sales managers. They all need to go as soon as possible.

The market for their products does not support the size of their current sales staff headcount which needs to be reduced by at least 50% to allow those that remain to make a living.

Reinvest in technical support teams to improve customer satisfaction

Reinvest in product development to update some of the products which are getting rather old in the tooth from a technology perspective.

disaster

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros: they'll hire just about anybody Cons: sham of a company, as evidenced by the inevitable fallout that has come after the HP… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK company but bad management

I have been working at Autonomy full-time

Pros: Free Friday Lunch, great co-worker Cons: Bad Management, and bad management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.