Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to start a career. Small Teams - Big Tech.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros- Excellent middle management. I worked in a small team, with a very bright manager who possessed an excellent confluence of traits. He was friendly, patient, and a great teacher - always available if I had a question or got stuck on something. Furthermore, he started me off with excellent assignments that got me diving into the code base and getting things done right away. In the long term, there were going to be some bigger architectural redesigns that were going to be a lot of fun to work on.

- Free soda / coffee / tea / etc all the time, and good free food on Fridays.

- Work/life balance was exceptional. No one was in competition to stay the latest. I kept very reasonable hours.

- Business was growing. Lots of opportunity to advance at the company in the long term, and its nice being at a company with plenty of cash flow.

- I only left to go back to graduate school for my PhD. Otherwise, I would have been happy there for the foreseeable future.

Cons-The office space is a bit old fashioned (lots of cubicles), but at least the views are nice in the breakroom etc.

- Also, its worth pointing out that the company has changed hands several times in the past few years. Many of the bad reviews on this site I don't think are accurate. The environment at autonomy changed significantly in early 2012, after being purchased by HP. I wouldn't give much weight to reviews before early/mid 2012.

What you once were isn't what you want to be any more...

Technical Specialist (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I suppose there are career opportunities at HP if that sort of thing attracts you. Beyond that there's little reason talent would come here… Cons: Ch-ch-changes. It's not the changes per se, but the reality that this is no longer a high-growth, high energy software company. With some… Advice to Senior Management: It's a ship without a captain. No one has a clue what the direction… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Flee!!! Run for your lives!!

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros: Has some neat new technology to work with Cons: Bad management and leadership overall. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.