Autonomy

www.autonomy.com

Keep Away

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

ProsGood Technology, At par pay compared to the Industry, Stable Company

ConsThe company is exactly opposite to the meaning of its name ….
There is not an example of a similar company specially here in the Silicon Valley EMC and Oracle included. The basic courtesies and professionalism are missing in this organization, no wonder they are reviewed badly.

The first week itself was interesting, 3 days 8 hour training + homework … heard the saying “Drinking from a hose pipe” , reminded me of being back in a strict high school.
 I ignored but the more I got entrenched the worst it became, customer service, relationship building, ethical practices, even following a strict price list all take a back seat in this company .. what I mean to say is that if the pricelist says $5000 you can change and sell the same product or a component for $10,000 …. all that matters is CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE …
SMS calls … how many in person calls you made this week if you are over 85% you are safe + 12 proposals a quarter no not kiddin that is the metrics.
SE resources: Getting SE and having them conduct a demo can be challenging to say the least, remember the 3 day training that allows you to do your own demo …. You are ready to go buddy!!
Team Spirit : There is no such concept called a team you have no collegues actually most of the time you are trying to hide what you are doing cause someone else might show up in that account. If they do .. no problem we will divide the deal amongst the rep 50-50 … so the bottom line the company makes its money. Get the point !!
The Big Deals : Oh yeah Autonomy has reps making a lot of money share with you the silver bullet for their success. Few of them got promoted from Sales Development Reps .. no not inside sales it is sales development reps or Lead Generation. They park themselves in the Corporate office and get all the leads whatever the pretext, buddy relationship or the rep provided the list. There is an algorithm which should be followed when it comes to allocation of leads but there are ways to as I explained earlier to get around it. C’mon in my years and years of experience I have never seen reps who were lead gen reps closing million dollar deals. It is a joke!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHP needs to FIRE the management this includes the VP's and their buddies the Regional Managers ... This is Old Boys club ....

AUTONOMY offers the opposite of their name- the leader in AWFUL, ARROGANT, A-HOLES

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros: Never found a "pro" to the company on its own… Cons: Too many to even list- not enough room here, not… Advice to Senior Management: Change everything, fire yourselves....and then it might become a tolerable corporation that can attract and keep talented knowledge workers. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worst Company I have EVER worked for!

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: Good Technology Nice SF office location but way too many… Cons: No set account lists, territories, etc. Reps are out running into each other and management thinks this is a good business practice. HP bought them but… Advice to Senior Management: HP executives PLEASE get rid of the Autonomy management team, put rules in place on how to do business… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!