There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

The Computer Associates of England

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

There are some very smart people working here. Autonomy has interesting core technology and a good story behind it. It continues to grow and is constantly moving.

Cons

Autonomy has been swallowing up companies. It doesn't make the best decisions about how to use those resources. Decisions are often made from the top. There is no management structure so communication about important changes are often through the rumor mill.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Amazing pay, amazing benefits, lots of freedom/no direction from management

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Extremely high pay, amazing benefits, free lunch/breakfast on Fridays, freedom to make the job whatever you want it to be. If you want to specialize in X, you can do it. Very, very smart people are Autonomy

Cons

No direction from management, no defined job responsibilities, zero knowledge transfer, no raises - EVER (!), remote managers. Requires a college degree and 3.0 GPA to work here, even if you were in college 30 years ago.

Give us some direction, let us make our own decisions, give us regular raises/review/feedback - we have no idea how our performance is stacking up or what direction we should be going in - also TRUST US to make good decisions for the company, it seems like very few hold all the power/decision making abilities.

It's all "Pretend"..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Starting pay is usually fair.
    Local management tries to motivate and lead but has no real authority and ability to make local decisions.

Cons

Products are not designed, coded and tested. They are coded and deployed. Huge amounts of re-work. Upper management likes to claim that Autonomy can do anything in 3 weeks. Agreed, as long as it is not really expected to work.
    Company products are categorized by "Power", "Protect" and "Promote". All employees know that the biggest category is "Pretend"..

Pass this mess on to actual managers and leaders to fix..

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!