AutoNation

www.autonation.com

Regretful I took the job after one week

SSC (Former Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsOkay pay.....not much more I can say...

ConsI haven't worked for alot of companies, but this is by far the worst. When I started in Check Processing, there were people leaving on a monthly basis for a while.. soon it was a revolving door, people coming and leaving. During the interview they make the place out to be such a great company.. Forbes 500 doesn't mean crap for employees...

First let me say if you are looking to add any experience to your resume.... HERE IS NOT THE PLACE!

PTO- after 1 year you get 2 weeks. This included ANY time you take off other than holidays (if you have the luxury of getting them off .. Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only guaranteed ones). There is no sick time, no vacation time, no personal time - - STRAIGHT TWO WEEKS PAID TIME OFF. SOunds like alot, until you come back from being sick for two days and you are FORCED to use your PTO.. Have a doctors appointment that had you out half of the day? Expect for 4 hours to be taken from your PTO. I think they do this, so when you finally want to take a weeks vacation in the middle of the year, you've used it all because they've MADE YOU use it for sick time and late days. Oh and you have to use 5 days the first 6 months of the year and 5 days the last six... some departments are leniant when it comes to usuage... but THEY WILL ALL MAKE YOU USE IT WHEN YOU DONT WANT TO!!!

At the SSC in Irving, it sometimes felt like a sweat shop. Some departments are overloaded with work, with minimal pay, while other departments make decent pay plus bonuses and work maybe two weeks out of a month.

If you are one to brown nose, you can get far at the SSC. Too bad your only choices are lead and supervisor. There is no room for growth and really nothing to add to your resume. Dont think you will go to the SSC and gain experience in anything but data entry. Thats all that place is.

For as big as this company is, you would think they would reward their employees for such hard work. THEY DONT. Health insurance premiums are high. IF you get a raise it's usually below a quarter. For lead positions, they expect alot more work for usually a dollar more.

Everything about this company revolves around numbers. How many checks can you cut, how many deals can you enter, how many vehicles can you stock. And if you cant do it, they will just replace you with the next. You are just a number there.

If you are in DESPERATE need for a job - - go for it... otherwise, go with your gut. They are desperate for people because people are constantly leaving them.

I wish i had gone with my gut and turned this place down like I did during my second interview... THEY CALLED ME BACK to offer me what i wanted - - not knowing they had a hard time keeping people.

STAY AWAY FROM HERE - -

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some appreciation for your employees... Maybe if you let them know you recognize their hard work. maybe you will have a better time of keeping them.

Also, pay isnt bad, nor is it great. But to be such a large company, the least you can offer are better benefits.

Quick Lube Writer

Quick Lube Writer (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than a year

Pros: decent pay, employees are awesome, some of the best people… Cons: too many hours, no lunch break, some employees are not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Success in this is all on you.

Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at AutoNation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great pay and opportunities for those without a college degree. Earn as much as you work. Time and hard work gives great results. Honda… Cons: Incredibly long hours. You have to work all weekends and holidays. Commission percentage is pretty low. A very competitive field. There are many sales quotas… Advice to Senior Management: Up the commission percentage. It may be better to institute… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AutoNation.

Worked for AutoNation? Contribute to the Community!