Ascension Health Ministry Service Center

www.msc.ascensionhealth.org

Enter At Your Own Risk

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paycheck every 2 weeks; Not a lot of overtime

Cons

Immature/unprofessional management; Month long blackout vacation time; High school acting coworkers; No real opportunity for upward career advancement; HR is nonchalant about employee issues; Does not care about education (i.e. Having a degree does not mean anything concerning your compensation)

Managers should present policies and things going on and to come in a professional manner, that means not including their negative personal opinion about things that they nor their employees can have any control or input into changing.
Employees who are doing the jobs on a daily basis need to be able to provide more feedback on processes-- and the feedback listened to and taken seriously when making decisions about moving forward with bringing on more sites.
Need to establish more even work loads and tasks-- some seem to put assignments based on favoritism, so some employees are learning while others are given trivial mindless tasks.

Other Reviews for Ascension Health Ministry Service Center

Leadership is in it for themselves

I have been working at Ascension Health Ministry Service Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ascension is a great mission-oriented company. Good benefits.

Cons

Politics are brutal. Management in the MSC have no healthcare experience, and they condescend to those who do. The facility was over built with flashy, colorful furniture and high-tech elaborate big screen TVs in a way that contradicts Ascension's modest values. Favorites are played and if you disagree you are isolated. The CEO is barely ever there. He doesn't even live in Indianapolis. Despite Ascension's high-minded platitudes, they pay $10s of thousands of dollars per year for his travel costs. HR department is pretentious and hard to deal with. If you want to express a concern, it is a shame that you can't trust HR to respect your confidentiality.

Respect who your clients are. You might not think very highly of faith-based health care delivery but your clients care about it very much. Also, walk before you can run. The place is just getting off the ground and you're acting like it's Google. Slow down and get the small stuff right before chasing the big symbol crashes. Thin out the administrative areas and devote your salary budget to production people. There is too much overhead in that place.

Considering looking for another job!

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Pros

The work load is manageable and very easy. I work with a WONDERFUL group of people. I get to work from home when ever I need to. And things are looking even brighter now that our current manager turned in her resignation. Prayerfully the company will hire a better replacement because she was a BIG dark cloud hanging over everyone's head. If not for all of the wonderful people that I work with, it would have been an impossible place to work. The senior leaders are starting to conduct a lot of employee surveys and they seem to be taking the employee complaints they receive seriously. The jury is still out on that one so we will see if they make the necessary changes to turn things around.

Cons

The company is quite disorganized. Especially the recruiting department. Hopefully things will get better.T he company hires leaders in and pays them less than some of their employees. The salary is based off of what you are making at your current job when hired in or promoted to instead of basing the starting salary off of the salary range for that specific job. I was hired in and paid less than the bottom salary range for my position and then later on I found out that there were employees reporting in my department that make more money than I do. This is nonsense. This is another example of the disorganization of the company. It's like they started the MSC and didn't completely think through every aspect of the design of things and later on they realized they made a mistake and tried to fix it. But they did a poor job of fixing it. There is also a lot of favoritism. It appears that internal promotions are based off of "who" you know instead of your ability to do the job and your prior experience. And what's worse is, they don't try to hide it. This place is a walking EEOC suit waiting to happen. The company "talks" about their "ministry" values but their actions don't mirror this.

I think it's great that you promote from within but you really need to provide some training for your newly promoted leaders and assign an experienced mentor to each person. Because the company is promoting a lot of Associates in to leadership roles that have no prior experience and it is disastrous. Just a suggestion. And the HR department needs to do a better job of connecting with the Supervisors and Department Heads that they oversee, to make sure each department is representing the company according to the company's mission and values. I think they would be surprised at what they would find. But of course the reason for all of the inexperienced promotions is because the current leaders are promoting their "favorites" and not those most qualified for the position.

There are newer employer reviews for Ascension Health Ministry Service Center.

Worked for Ascension Health Ministry Service Center? Contribute to the Community!