There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Tons of Growth & Networking Opportunities!!!

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I have been working at AroundCampus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Positive & Fun Company Culture--Fast-paced, Goal-oriented
-Promotional opportunities within 1-2 years
-Actively challenges young professionals into leaders
-Above average salary plus bonuses
-Travel opportunities
-Wide network of professional relationships
-Constantly growing & seeking new opportunities

Cons

-Required to move to NC.

reviews filtered by

Amazing opportunity for professional growth and development

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I have been working at AroundCampus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As a sales rep, you learn first hand how to be successful working B2B and handling yourself professionally. If you get to return for a second summer as an ASM, you have the opportunity to travel and experience multiple college campuses while getting invaluable experience as a manager and motivator. All of the managers have done the internship position before, and are always eager to give advice and help you out if you ask.

Cons

It's hard work and not at all an easy job, you'll hear "no" a lot. There are a lot of challenges and sometimes failures, but you can learn a lot from it.

Not what I was promised at the interview.

Former Intern - Independent Sales Contractor
    Former Intern - Independent Sales Contractor

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I met some very nice students and worked with an amazing team. Really liked the training we got before the sales internship started.

Cons

My manager did not know much about my territory. I was in a "dangerous" environment, walking around and trying to sell. The territories were supposed to be divided evenly so everyone had a fair share, but they were not. It was extremely hot, we had no central location to meet and got parking tickets because we were downtown, very little assistance or aid after we started. I was never told we would be doing cold calls.....

Advice to Management

Definitely spend more time looking into the territories you are sending students out to. The pay is not enough for the time and dedication this job takes on a daily basis. Maybe have a regional manager work with students during the first week, or someone who has done the internship before and was successful. Try to keep moral up. The hardest part was making it through the hot summer days dealing with rude customers.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus