Unbelievable Opportunity

Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH (US)
Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lifetime of relationship building and sales skills.
If you work hard and do well, you WILL be recruited by great companies for full time jobs.
The training program is a blast.

Cons

It is a B2B sales internship. Since you are speaking with and presenting to business owners and marketing directors, it can be very difficult. You have to follow up with your prospects on a daily basis if you want to be successful. Long hours and although you make money every week, you don't get commission until after the internship.

Advice to Management

N/A

reviews filtered by

Not what I was promised at the interview.

Former Intern - Independent Sales Contractor
    Former Intern - Independent Sales Contractor

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some very nice students and worked with an amazing team. Really liked the training we got before the sales internship started.

Cons

My manager did not know much about my territory. I was in a "dangerous" environment, walking around and trying to sell. The territories were supposed to be divided evenly so everyone had a fair share, but they were not. It was extremely hot, we had no central location to meet and got parking tickets because we were downtown, very little assistance or aid after we started. I was never told we would be doing cold calls.....

Advice to Management

Definitely spend more time looking into the territories you are sending students out to. The pay is not enough for the time and dedication this job takes on a daily basis. Maybe have a regional manager work with students during the first week, or someone who has done the internship before and was successful. Try to keep moral up. The hardest part was making it through the hot summer days dealing with rude customers.

2. Sales Rep Intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern

Pros

Great way to gain experience

Cons

if your not up for walking into random business I would not recommend this for you