There are newer employer reviews for Aristocrat Technologies

Good place to work

Current Employee - Tech Lead I in Noida (India)
Current Employee - Tech Lead I in Noida (India)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

technology and domain. the casino gaming domain is very niche and regulated. we get to implement cutting edge technologies, new devices.
Its a learning hub for those who intend to learn.
very good compensation and benefits. I simply love their leave policy.
flexible work timings, performance driven environment. good capable peers.
opportunities to visit Las Vegas, Macau, Sydney.

Cons

the building cafeteria serves substandard food. company floor has its own mini cafeteria but they lack variety.
too many awards, recognition programs actually create excessive competitiveness which creates an inverse effect on the environment.

Kindly make employees understand that achieving own 'Key Performance Objectives' do not earn award / recognition. employees should concentrate more on their work and deliverables rather on these award / recognition stuff. only exceptional achievements should be awarded on the floor. The salary and benefits are sufficient to make employees happy.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Aristocrat Technologies (View Most Recent)

All work and no pay make employees leave....

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting industry to work in.

Cons

1) The managers suck at their jobs and to hide it they lick the asses of their seniors which in turn do the same.
    2) Lot of politics and people cannot grow(in terms of salary/work/position) till the time they don't lick the seniors asses.
    3) Most of the leads doesn't even care about the work as they are busy in politics. You've to be very careful about what you say and where you say as that can be used against you in an unimaginable way you can never think of.
    4) Good work is not at all important there as even after working your asses off to get a product delivered you have to hear lame reasons to influence your rating in performance review. Reasons like, you don't mingle with team.(In my case, the lead was referring to him and his close junior as I was friends with everyone else), You do not fill up your hours properly.
    5) Even if you work your asses off and deliver stuff pretty fast, you will be tainted by saying "If you are spending more time in the office, either you're overloaded or you are incapable(which meant the latter as according to the management, no one was overloaded).
    6) The management never interacts with the team and lives in their cocoon and their only source of information is leads, which they uses for their benefits.
    7) Most of the people leave because they are frustrated by the politics in the company.
    8) I'll advise to look for some other gaming company(Bally's) and do not come here.

Nothing can't be changed till the time you don't change yourself. Stop all the politics that is going around at the very lower level in the company.

Happy to Have Moved On

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with some very talented people, pay, benefits.

Cons

It's a very cliquish company. Upper management uses management by intimidation. Difficult to move up in this company. The company has made efforts to change the culture but for the most part have been less than effective. Lack of communication. Too many stovepipes. Lack of sharing of knowledge base. Some have attitudes of "you can learn the same way I did...on your own". Middle managers are administrators at best.

Empower your employees and treat them as if they were your most valuable resources (because they are). Middle managers need more soft skills.

There are newer employer reviews for Aristocrat Technologies