There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Best job I've had in my 36 year career of 2D/3D imaging.

Current Employee - Senior Computer Vision Specialist  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Computer Vision Specialist in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The facilities and work environment are very conducive to thought, problem-solving, collaboration and productivity. Everyone I interact with is genuinely happy to be here, bright, and they bring something of value to the table in every conversation. We work on technologies/products/services that positively impact people's lives.

Apple has been moving in the right direction ever since Mac OS X: Mach-O, Xcode, iTunes, iPod/iPhone - the list keeps growing...

Cons

Haven't found one, so far.

Keep up the great work!

3759 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

lack of policy is a double-edged sword

Current Employee - Engineering Technician  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple

Pros

There are no solid rules about what your job is, so as long as you get your work done right you can kind of make it up as you go along. This gives a lot of flexibility to peruse the aspects of the job that interest you. People at Apple are smart and dedicated; they're there because they enjoy the work. The work is action, not talk, because there's no time to waste.

Cons

The converse of everything I said above is that there's an extreme lack of planning (positive spin: "Our company can turn on a dime!") or policy (positive spin: "Work how you want, when you want."). As great as flexibility can be, sometimes set policies are good so people actually know what to do. It sure doesn't hurt to make solid plans more than a few days in advance when a project has a 6-12 month schedule. Last-minute changes are the norm, and many a hair-pulling night has been spent cleaning up messes created by others' lack of planning.

An environment where workers are literally afraid to send bad news up the management chain leads to huge problems down the road. Management says they're open to comments and criticism, but when things go wrong, all they want to know is why it wasn't fixed yesterday. This isn't magic, people!

Apple ... that should say it all!

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Northridge, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Northridge, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple

Pros

I love working at Apple because of the employees the company hires. You have the opportunity to network with people from all walks of life with different experiences. Also, the work environment is very laid back. Apple does not condemn tattoos or wild hair styles, it actually encourages them. Apple really tries to go out of its way to make its employees feel appreciated.

Cons

Being a part-timer, your hours can fluctuate between 5 to 28 hours in a given week. Also, it sometimes hard to move from retail to corporate. There are no benefits, other than 401K plans, that are available to part-time employees.

Keep up the great work!

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!