There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Best Employer I've Had So Far.

Current Employee - Specialist in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Specialist in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training, excellent benefits, fun environment, interesting coworkers

Cons

Poor communication, and training is impossible off-the-clock, unclear pathway to advancement or moving from Retail to Corporate.

3894 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Great culture, except for the Contact Centre ethos

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gym, health screenings, employee purchase plans, equipment is top notch, on-site mailroom is handy. Culture is informal yet fast-paced, innovation encouraged

Cons

The contact centre feels more and more like a call centre each day - also the opportunities for growth and career development are becoming more and more scarce

To maximise employee retention and productivity, invest as much capital and time in the contact centre employees as is invested in employees of other departments.

Friendly and modern environment

Former Employee - Demand Forecasting in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Demand Forecasting in London, England (UK)

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Apple is filled with people who strive to succeed and people that are always there to help. The office is extremely modern with an iPad controlled coffee machine. The discounts on the Apple products and benefits are extremely good.

Cons

Progression within Apple is almost impossible. No matter how much time and effort you put into your work and how talented you are its almost impossible to climb up the ladder in Apple. Numerous people have left for this reason. You have to sign a 3 month termination contract so if you are looking for a job whilst at Apple you will most probably have to give in your resignation before you can start looking for a job unless the company hiring you is willing to wait 3 months!

Apple in London have almost no options for personal development. I was given numerous projects to manage but was unable to find a project management course available to me. With project management a leadership program would have been great as I would be in charge of leading teams however only managers and senior managers were invited to attend this program that runs once in a couple of years.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple