There are newer employer reviews for Aon

Best company I've worked for......so far!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Aon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Generally good people in Management positions.
Good investor in talent and development.
Good benefits package.
Good 401k match.
Decent pay - not amazing...but reasonable and fair for the position.
Very flexible working hours and work from home.

Cons

Old and outdated office environments.
Cheap IT and Office Services.
Usual big company hierachy/procedural issues.

Invest more in IT.
Get a 'higher tier' Office Services provider....no more cheap, nasty coffee!
Provide a better working environment...more in line with the modern tech like companies....more communal work areas with sofa's to work, collaborate etc...free catering in office hours.....

361 Other Employee Reviews for Aon (View Most Recent)

Cutthroat at the top, bureaucratic in the middle, drone-like at the front line.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I have been working at Aon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a living. The company is making money.

Cons

Morale is poor. Profts not shared across workplace. Internal technology is out of date. Org chart is spaghetti. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. Process improvement needs are critical. Firmwide communication doesn't like to actual work leaving colleagues going "huh?" Integration of various acquisitions stalled. No consistent culture. Loyalty not rewarded. Old processes. Ego driven leadership. HQ bailed on Chicago to more 'laissez faire' environment in UK. Cheap. Lots of inexperienced contractors and inexpensive offshores. No clear lines of accoutability. Constant rework of talent management processes. Accounting is confusing. Disengaged VPs. Blame game. Almost governmental approach to tasks. Units can refuse work. Surprise layoffs. Huge disparity in comp across organization. Biggest claim to fame is sponsoring Manchester United, really? Important deals ironed out on golf course. Overselling and under delivering. Lack of respect. Bad coffee.

I don't even know where to start.

Overall good place to work but beware of powerful HR

Former Employee - Reinsurance Broker in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Reinsurance Broker in London, England (UK)

I worked at Aon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Leader in the field, excellent people, prestige. There are specialist departments dealing with all conceivable aspects of reinsurance so you are likely to find something you really enjoy.

Cons

My career at Aon Benfield was effectively ruined and cut short by the HR department. Their meddling, imposing and never-ending BS made my life miserable. In the end, they ignored my excellent reviews and great performance and tried to dismiss me unfairly.

Restrain the control and interference of HR executives. It is a widely shared view across the City that HR know absolutely nothing about the real business of a company and can only be a burden on a broker's performance and ability to do business.

There are newer employer reviews for Aon