Anglian Home Improvements

www.anglianhome.co.uk
  www.anglianhome.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Anglian Home Improvements

referance

Current Employee - Salesman in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Salesman in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Anglian Home Improvements full-time (more than an year)

Pros

efficient made from own materials , made to measure , fast professional, rich clients, top ranges and choice great guaranteeing

Cons

expensive for the average customer

good keep goingx

8 Other Employee Reviews for Anglian Home Improvements (View Most Recent)

Anglian offers a wealth of experience, however in a company with a short-term mind-set.

Current Employee - Management Accountant in Norwich, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Management Accountant in Norwich, England (UK)

I have been working at Anglian Home Improvements

Pros

Because of the short-term mind-set of Anglian and the demand for quick results, as an employee you have much exposure to all inter-related functions surrounding your job role. There are few barriers in place to inhibit your develop and Anglian does offer considerable training support in comparison to rival and local companies.

Cons

Communication amongst departments is weak and although a controversial point, top management in areas of the company appears to have been awarded their positions based on who they know rather than on merit. If you're not in the right social circles, opportunities for promotion could be non-existent. There are large salary gaps between employee levels and the short-term approach adopted by senior management raises concerns over long term viability of the company.

Take a seriously hard look at top management and recognise the voices within that crowd that talk good business sense and those that are disguising a lack of ability. A modern approach to business management is required to utilise concepts that enable effective strategic planning as opposed to short-term wins.

Ok for an office job - entering data and answering the phone

Former Employee - Temping In the Purchasing Department in Norwich, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Temping In the Purchasing Department in Norwich, England (UK)

I worked at Anglian Home Improvements

Pros

Not too stressfull.
    No one really cared if I ate a snack or drank at my desk (not drank as in alcohol obviously!)
    Always something to do.
    The work was fairly easy.

Cons

The office could have been cleaner.
    The people were mainly very boring and unsociable.
    Was expected to pick it up quite quickly, couldn't quite manage at first.
    I only got feedback and told what they were not happy with as I was being sacked / moved on (it was a temp job) - when I could no longer do anything to change it!

Don't tell someone how they should have been better when they are about to leave. My particular boss was also very distant and barely spoke to me; could have been friendlier.

There are newer employer reviews for Anglian Home Improvements