There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Overall an ok company to work for

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, large company, and a leader in market place.

Cons

Dificult to find promotional opportunities. Lots of reorg.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employee development.

reviews filtered by

More green than not on this side of the fence.

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

A relaxed work environment - causual dress. Free drinks. Flexible schedule. Growing and profitable - have met incentive bonuses for past 2 years.

Cons

Some challenges in acting and behaving like a "grown up" company.

Advice to Management

Don't need to re-invent the wheel. Industry standards and best practices are already out there, just follow them.

Now We are Facing Pay Cuts!

Current Employee - Project Management in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Project Management in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Parking lot lighting is adequate.

Cons

We are now facing pay cuts. AmerisourceBergen spent the good part of 2011 and 2012 buying companies from all over the United States and spending a lot of money doing it. Now, to refill the company's coffers they are cutting our salaries. Meanwhile we at Lash Group made 22% more money last year. AmerisourceBergen is handing the money over to Wall Street. buying back billions of its own stocks to raise share prices. These executives get paid in stocks so they have an incentive to do this while taking the money out of our paychecks. Overall we now face a 13% pay cut since this company is increasing the costs of our benefits. Decent companies do not do that especially when they are making billions in profits. But here, they don't even clean the bathrooms and we have flies in the break rooms hovering by the soft drink machines. This is not an employer of choice.

Advice to Management

We have no reason to work harder to make these executives wealthier! We can do these jobs for any call center, any hospital, any med fac in Charlotte. We are slowing down our production and there is nothing you can do about it. Many more are quitting. If you appreciate Wall Street so much, then have them come in and do our jobs. Increasing the costs of our benefits and giving us FAKE pay raises by reducing our punishment bonus and increasing our base salary is an insult. You can't take $1 from the left hand and give it to the right hand and call it found money and tell us to be happy. Your lies have gone far enough! From the looks of it, we will not see a pay increase for 18 months. We have no reason to work here.

There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen