American Institutes for Research

www.air.org

Overall great company - but it all depends who your boss(es) and what department you're in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsMany social events throughout the year
Good paid time off schedule
Wonderful office location ( The HQ )
Small gym with showers, etc ( The HQ )
Very cheap parking
Comparatively cheap medical / dental benefits
Relaxed dress code
Young staff environment
Sports teams

ConsThe department and time I was at AIR allowed me to advance quickly and work on and learn new things often. However from my co-workers I know other areas of the company it was very hard to get promoted or a raise, and that they were over-stressed and worked.

I can say as a whole the company provided me a very positive experience, but for others I understand and can agree with their complaints of departments that I did not work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on employee retention by treating junior staff better, ensuring the workload is not overwhelming, and giving their managers training on how to develop their employees.

I am currently looking for another job.

Research Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at American Institutes for Research full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flex-Time, laid back dress code, free coffee, decent amount of time… Cons: Very hard to get promoted, salary is kind of a joke for me (I have a master's degree, have many student loans, and I live… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people in at higher levels if they are qualified… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Would not recommend...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I worked at American Institutes for Research full-time

Pros: - Free bagels and coffee Cons: - Poor Management - Not innovative - Many projects seem to be mismanaged with little positive results being produced for the… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees with more respect. Learn how to manage. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Institutes for Research.

Worked for American Institutes for Research? Contribute to the Community!