Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Working in the Fulfillment Center

Trainer (Current Employee) West Columbia, SC (US)

ProsThere will always be work for you to do and you have the opportunity to learn different process paths if your area is slow.

ConsPeople are treated like machines and numbers take precedent to anything else rather than customer obsession as the company claims. I find that operations and management are consistently inconsistent. I understand CAE 1 is a start up building but it should over the hump by now. Training is offered but managers are so number driven to where they won't even allow associates to complete their full training so they can hurry to get them on the floor to make a million mistakes, SMH.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage people effectively and goals will be met. Too much cut throat, dog eat dog atmosphere in the fc's but there is always room for improvement. A college degree DOES NOT make you an automatic manager, need to scrap that philosophy very quickly.

Decent workplace,local company, recommended

Other (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com part-time for more than a year

Pros: Growing company, very diversified, benefits Cons: With any job there's cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

awesome

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros: good benefits. high salary nice work environment learning opportunities nice seniors supporting staff appreciable perks nice location… Cons: cant think of any work schedule little hectic Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!