Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Former employee of amazon Hyderabad

Former Employee - Manager  in  Hyderābād (India)
Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)

Pros

good culture was tranperent and people were humble and seen mentors encouraging their peers to grow along with them

Cons

couple of the management team members does not tolerate the peers to be more energetic and knowledgeable than them either they are tortured so they they leave the org .

How loyal you are to the org but to get back to Amazon is an Hilarious task as we have to please N number of people.

Pls do have the same culture as in US and maintain transparency in terms of employee engagement and the process/procedures do not limit them to the pals of the decision makers

Other reviews for Amazon.com

Overworked and not cared for

Former Employee - SDE2  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - SDE2 in Seattle, WA (US)

Pros

Career builder. You will be in the cutting edge of todays technology.

Cons

Overworked and you have no life while you work for Amazon. The rare cases of people staying with them for longer than 4 years are actually the ones that have learned how to work the internal system.

Empower the SDE-s. Don't look after M$ b/c you will end up like them.

Hard working, smart people, cool projects

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Pros

At Amazon you are surrounded by the most intelligent, creative, problem solving, hard working people from all over the globe. The people are truly amazing. The people are definitely why the company is so successful.

Cons

It feels like Amazon grew too fast, they have some archaic practices that make some day to day things unbearable. It also felt at times the culture was very fear based. I was told I was doing well, but it seemed clear that the consequences would be dire if anything went awry. I also have never worked so many hours in my life - I went into that job with my eyes open, but still was unprepared. I think that goes back to the fear based environment. It is a cool company, with crazy smart people I was glad to work next to, and I am glad they are in Seattle, employing so many people and contributing to a good local economy, but I was so happy to have my weekends AND nights back after leaving.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!