There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Not for people who want to slide by in life.

Current Employee - Sourcer  in  Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Sourcer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

-No micromanagement. Everyone is encouraged to do their job the way they think will be the most productive. You're free to be creative in order to be successful!
-Great culture. Dogs, jeans, high-fives, gongs, and some of the smartest people I've ever met!
-This is by far the most innovative, progressive, and collaborative business I've had the pleasure of working for. I'm blown away at this huge corporation's ability to function like a start-up.
-Upper management is very involved in all day-to-day processes. It's a flatter organization than most.

Cons

-It's hard work. Every day.
-The organization is ever-changing which makes it difficult to "get used to" your job.

3507 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Happy start, sad ending

Former Employee - Senior Vendor Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Vendor Manager

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. You always see good moods among the fellow employees. I had the chance to make big friendships there.

Cons

Too demanding work. You have to learn and do all by yourself - don't expect anyone to show you how to do your job. Look in the company internal wiki.

I was very disappointed with the decision of the company to lay me off. I never had the chance to receive a feedback from my manager and never had the chance to understand why I was fired.

Love / Hate Relationship

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Manager III  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Manager III in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of smart people, lots of cool projects, really value their top employees, good compensation

Cons

poor health care benefits, caustic work environment (dog eat dog), high attrition rate, too much work not enough life balance, really only values top top employees

Consider the reputation that you have in the community. You have 1/2 of an incredible company (i.e. the smart people, cool projects, $ to spend, customer focus), but your regretted attrition rate speaks to a culture that doesn't truly value its employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!