There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Positive

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Fast paced envirorment with lots of opportunities

Cons

I have not found any yet

3666 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Cheaper company

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You're CTC might appear as a good number (read the offer doc carefully, even the employer PF goes from your CTC)
    Number of stocks (mostly you'll get it after 3 years - depends upon the employee)
    Lot of technical challenges (which is good for learning)
    Employees don't speak English, they'll speak in some programming languages :)

Cons

As someone mentioned, Employees are "Resources". Management will look at you as a "price tag".
    Facilities are too frugal and I feel most of the employees became "miser" after joining here.
    They'll say its "Cheap and Best" but most of the time its just "Cheaper". You've to ask for everything (even simple stationaries) and fight for hike.
    No free transport (around 4k per month in India).
    Never expect work-life balance (might have seen this in other reviews).
    Can't do any higher studies in correspondence even with your own money (due to some stupid policy).
    And at last, never expect any perks (apart from tea/coffee and employee medical insurance).

This company will change the way, you look at the money you may miss the other part of your life after joining!

Why I'm still here? Just to get a brand name in my resume!

You look so cheaper!! Just reduce the "frugality" bar!!
    Don't be cheap just to add a point in your performance review!!
    Arrange some team building activities (like team-outing, team-lunch). When I look at my colleagues I can think only about "object, class, abstract etc"... nothing else!!

Great technology challenges

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer III/Senior Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

* Engineers are valued. A lot of focus on giving Engineers the work that is challenging.
    * Good technological challenges. A lot of interesting problems in the AWS space which are challenging and need creativity.
    * High impact work. A lot of customers use AWS, and hence the impact is visible in terms of usage, growth, customer feedback.

Cons

* Design is owned by Principal Engineers. Sometimes it is hard to get the opportunity to design a system as it is owned by Principal Engineers.
    * Oncall duty can be bad on some teams. But it is ok for some teams.

* Focus on operational pain reduction as much as new features..

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com