Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! (Current Employee) Dudelange (Luxembourg)

ProsPackage WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

ConsThe tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

Pretty mediocre company for which to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nothing special, really. An advantage is that you can push hard for something, and if you're willing to put in the time, you will… Cons: Amazon is basically a big store with a huge web presence. Don't expect anything really exciting to happen here. Although, occasionally, something may… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Does not hesitate to over-work employees...

Database Administrator (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Smart people all around keeping you on toes. - Culture of thinking out of box. - Tough milestones to achieve… Cons: - pathetic work-life balance. - in the name of frugality , they do some cheap and mean things like choose a facility in the remotest corner… Advice to Senior Management: An employee's work ownership does not make the employee a work-horse which can keep running without any pause. Learn to recognize… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!