There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

No MBA? No Future!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive work environment. Dogs allowed at workstations. Online resources to self-teach.

Cons

Company actively pursues and recruits MBAs with no relevant experience and discriminated against Bachelor holders with relevant experience! No work life balance.

You need a good balance of education and experience. Graduate school can't teach you everything!

3692 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Was better before all the changes

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Grand Forks, ND (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Grand Forks, ND (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and relaxed environment. Pay and benefits are great, hard to find another job that meets what they offer in this area. Work from Home opportunities

Cons

*Training needs to be changed. When I first started training was in depth and I hit the floor knowing what I was doing. With the past few positions I've taken, training has been minimal and I feel completely unprepared for the job at hand.

* Work from home staff gets forgotten and left out of on site functions.

* Monthly internet allowance of $25 doesn't cover half of my internet or phone bill.

* Leadership needs to be available more often and monitor the team members available time

* Huge amount of favoritism

* Under appreciated

* Company is micro-managed and has grown a lot faster than it seems can be handled at times

Pay attention to your team. Make sure people are in avail when they should be and treat everyone on the team fairly. Don't offer special treatment to people or single out others just because you're buddies with them. This leaves workers on the phones short handed and feeling angry towards their leadership. Offer more to Work From Home. This is a large part of your company in Grand Forks, make sure we feel appreciated.

Stealing their way to the top - one overpriced book at a time

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fast paced, fun, 4 day week, new and improved onsite coaching, weekly pay, paid training

Cons

bell model based land grabbers with lacking personality skills, even if you work hard and know you are working hard, HR will make it their responsibility to find you a position where you can
    struggle so they can follow company model of keeping the majority of their employees off the books. great for a young person. still in conflict over their original lease agreement since day one.
    unable or unwilling to pay corporate debts to original investors.

smile, you have a job