There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Positive Change

Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Shepherdsville, KY (US)
Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Shepherdsville, KY (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I appreciate their focus and structure. It seems to me to be a very effective company. We've just recently begun making the transition to an Amazon run fulfillment center and the positive changes are already apparent.

Cons

Any negative thing I would have to offer is in regards to the transition and that is not a fair assessment of other facilities.

3692 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Great and exciting place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

A very strongly shared culture and ethos, great growth potential for the company and personally.
    A matrix organisation where you you can move between roles and teams based on merit and success rather than your CV.

Cons

Not many people are going to say "thank you" or "well done", you've got to take all the praise you can when you can!

Great place to work if you can embrace the culture and work with others.

Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest and passionate people you will meet. When Amazon talks about putting the customer first, it is not just talk. The entire focus of every team is figuring out how to serve their immediate customers better which in turn can be very exciting. The influence that a single person can have is great as high performers are able to take control of their career and do what they wish with it.

Cons

Some of the Microsoft-esque HR policies are infuriating. Pay is highly dependent on job family, which is silly when they encourage individuals to have an impact, regardless of job title/family.

The pay is not always going to be market level, especially if the stock is not doing well.

Get rid of the job family guidelines for top performers.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com