There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

You Work Hard AND Get Paid Well for It!

Current Employee - Administration
Current Employee - Administration

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging, face-paced work environment with a strong customer service focus. Employees are encouraged to "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make HIstory". That's just what we're doing!

Cons

Uneven workload distribution. High performing employees seem to get "dumped on" while low performers slide by while pocketing the same salaries. Very discouraging and unfair. My peers have time for chats, social networking and extended breaks while I can't seem to stay above water.

Advice to Management

Implement work logs and pay attention to workload distribution. Don't burn out your best performers!

reviews filtered by

Satisfied experience, learned an enormous amount as Software Engineer college intern

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Many systems and products, so huge opportunity to learn, do anything, and move around. Company takes customer experience seriously, so you learn to be in an environment that can not fail, and must perform. Flexible hours and work schedule.

Cons

Very independent work, and difficult to learn so many systems at once. Seeking help is difficult because only a select few know the systems, and they're extremely busy.

Advice to Management

Better mentorship and more help on ramp up.

2. Great place to work

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

Lot of things to learn for a fresher, no micro management, good facilities,flexible timings.

Cons

Little work life balance and at times need to work late night