There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

It is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am impressed by what I have seen in Amazon so far. it is very efficient and well managed. The sense of ownership and customer focus is so strong that you can feel it from employees in all levels. You have opportunity to work with bunch of smart people. People here are kind and willing to offer help as long as you ask.

Cons

The ramp up curve is big. It usually takes about few months to understand Amazon technology and culture. No formal training program.

Advice to Management

It is a challenge to grow so fast but still keep the original culture. Middle layer management team is the key.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fast changing, high pressure

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Amazon has an independent work culture. The teams work cohesively but only with full independence. Assistance from team members is another plus.
    Other pros:
    cross functional
    international exposure

Cons

Amazon has a system where your team has a huge impact on your experience.
    If you're a bit out of luck, the work place can become slightly more demanding than usual.
    Working hours can be a ted too much to handle.

Advice to Management

World's most customer centric company needs to take good care of its employees too.

2. Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates.

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

Amazon.com is a very solid company growing larger every day with a lot of potential for advancement and a long career.
    Very good benefits...

Cons

In my opinion, the biggest con of working at Amazon.com was Amazons production rates system - you have to meet a minimum rate of work which is ,of course, understandable because items have to be stocked on the shelves and orders need to get shipped out to customers but it's constantly thrown at you from team leads/managers,"get your rate up!" I feel that Amazon gets a little over zealous with rates...
    Amazon.com uses a point system for being absent, tardy and clocking out early/clocking in late etc. If you accumulate a total of 6 points, Amazon.com will terminate you (unless you have a doctors excuse, etc.) The point system didn't effect me as I went to work every day and was always (and always have been) punctual to my jobs but it really bugged me. I know that employers have to put rules in place to hold their employees accountable and force employees to be responsible but instead of feeling like a valued employee It made me feel like I was in the 6th grade...

Advice to Management

Please don't forget about your hard working associates who may not have the highest rates but are always there working hard giving it their all to do the very best job they can do, thank you...

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com