Great place to work with, and people around are so technically sound with full of positive attitude

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Team Leader in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

positive, better growth opportunity, great career prospect.

Cons

area of improvement are there.

Other Reviews for Amazon.com

Wonderful company culture, pretty good pay and benefits, chance of poor work/life balance

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at Amazon is smart and fun to work with and do not subscribe to the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) that plagues software so big ideas can be followed through on. Compensation is generous with a salary, signing bonus, and restricted stock units. Hard work seems to rewarded with promotions and stock options, I have not been at the company long enough to have had my own experience with this.

Cons

Different teams at Amazon have wildly different experiences, which range from poor to awesome. Some teams have operational issues that basically turn their SDE's into highly paid support engineers that grinds software development to a halt and destroys work life balance due to every SDE having occasional 24-hour "on-call" duties. This is not the case on my current team, but definitely a risk for anyone taking a job at Amazon.

Hire support engineers. SDE's maintaining their own software to promote quality sounds like a good idea, except employee turnover and role changing is high enough that most of the bad software teams are supporting was created by someone else.

Work hard, work fast, work with deadlines : Delivery and get recognized

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II  in  Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation, excellent job role flexibility, smart people, lot of independence and ability to show ownership.

Cons

work pressure, late nights, lots of management pressure(sometimes directly getting to engineers - which may not be the norm in a lot of companies), no HR intervention

You are doing it right! I like it..

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!