Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Wonderful company culture, pretty good pay and benefits, chance of poor work/life balance

Software Development Engineer I (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsEveryone at Amazon is smart and fun to work with and do not subscribe to the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) that plagues software so big ideas can be followed through on. Compensation is generous with a salary, signing bonus, and restricted stock units. Hard work seems to rewarded with promotions and stock options, I have not been at the company long enough to have had my own experience with this.

ConsDifferent teams at Amazon have wildly different experiences, which range from poor to awesome. Some teams have operational issues that basically turn their SDE's into highly paid support engineers that grinds software development to a halt and destroys work life balance due to every SDE having occasional 24-hour "on-call" duties. This is not the case on my current team, but definitely a risk for anyone taking a job at Amazon.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire support engineers. SDE's maintaining their own software to promote quality sounds like a good idea, except employee turnover and role changing is high enough that most of the bad software teams are supporting was created by someone else.

Best company if you want to make hostoy

Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Gives opportunity to experiment - Continuous operations team makes you to think the improvement every minute.… Cons: - some time you feel pressured as there is raising the bar for everything… Advice to Senior Management: - Share some inside information about Amazon alt least with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing work place

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Smart People Great work The people hired are generally best in the industry and amiable to… Cons: Tight Hierarchy Non receptive managers The hierarchy can be stifling at times… Advice to Senior Management: Review growth path for all roles and make define processes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!