Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,789 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great place to start your career and/or grow

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Chennai (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmart peers,
Good pay,
Freedom and ownership.
Amazon had successfully found a formula to satisfy technical talents by including them as part of the business decision making process even though business and customers being the priority one.

ConsWork-life balance
No great opportunity to learn technical skills / learn new stuff ( apart from the project work )

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more about contributing and innovating on technical talent and resources ( like open source ) through which the company had gained immensely ( like Android and other Open software )

If you want to have a life outside of work, look the other way.

Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee)
Gouldsboro, PA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: The only pro is that the facility has a set… Cons: No job security.. If they do not like you, they will not promote you. They promote people who are not with the company for a… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management is to look in the mirror. Are you satisifed with the pay check that you are getting/ This company is getting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to Work In IT Industry

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: cool people around, great work going on Cons: you will meet with frugality at various places More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.