There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family

Executive Leaders Should Reassess for Liability Factors in NEO.

Former Employee - Home Health Aid  in  Ashland, OH (US)
Former Employee - Home Health Aid in Ashland, OH (US)

I worked at Almost Family part-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Weekly pay even if it was incorrect every time. Most office employee's were impersonal and standoffish.

Cons

This company had lost internal documents related to my hours and my wages, I was never compensated correctly even after I provided my own paperwork. After which they did not give me the correct amount owned for my services and this continued for many more weeks. They gave me some training, but it was inadequate at best. I was rushed into paying thirty dollars for CPR training that only lasted ten minutes. The Registered Nurse (RN) that was performing the test had already signed and completed my test for me before I even arrived. Executive management at the local branch was well aware of this practice and watched the entire process. I felt cheated honestly, because I would of been grateful for some more up to date information in this ever changing field or perhaps some refined techniques at the very least. I was written up multiple times unfairly, write ups and verbal warnings about events that did not even occur on my shift. No investigation by the company is ever really performed into any of the allegations it seems, they tend to have knee jerk reaction as a solution to everything, basically they over react very easily; and most of the time it is at the incorrect person for the incorrect reasons. If you decide to work for this branch watch your back an paychecks.

Hello, Kentucky Head Quarters
     I would highly recommend that you begin to reassess your local level management in the North East Ohio branch. There are a few bad apples that could use some reevaluation at one of your offices due to poor work ethics and documentation processes. They are a liability to you and your clients. Local management should work towards their own diligence concerning client care plans, complaints and discrepancies. They were very vague about their reasoning of my termination as well. I feel it extends from the local managements inability to correctly communicate with their own employee's. I also would like to just add for the record that I have many letters from clients for recommendations and credentials along with many years of experience in the field.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Almost Family (View Most Recent)

Not quite family

I have been working at Almost Family full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some really great clients. There is really nothing else good to say about working for this company it has the potential to be something great but that is not what it is concerned about.

Cons

Poor pay, unclear expectations, little to no training, abusive managment, no room for growth, obscure bonuses that are impossible to obtain, they strive to provide the least amount of care while pushing for the maximum profit. No raises have been given in several years to any field staff or lower managment. All staff hired PRN but expected to work full time. No mileage paid to HHA's. Nurses paid very low mileage but expected to travel great distances. PRN benifits availible at a cost much higher than is actually made you would have to pay them every week.

start at the bottom and work your way up. Without a competive rate of pay it is impossible to find quality field staff without quality field staff you cannot provide quality care. The business would really explode if clients were satisfied with their care and would stay with the company for services. More hospitals and physicians would give the company referrals if they could trust that their patients would recieve the care that they deserve.

Stressful & Unrewarding

I have been working at Almost Family as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked with some extremely talented and skilled clinicians who were very dedicated to their patients and their jobs. They loved their jobs & profession and we worked great as a team.

Cons

Very disorganized.
    Non updated on technology and equipment.
    SUpplies and equipment unavailable for patient care
    No follow up of problems and issues.
    No employee support system
    Unfair employee practice
    Poor work ethic

Restructuring of management
    Improvement & organization of systems
    Improvement of computer systems & update technology
    Establish a employee support system

There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family

Worked for Almost Family? Contribute to the Community!