Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Wonderful company to work for.

Current Employee - Claim Specialist  in  Northbrook, IL (US)
Current Employee - Claim Specialist in Northbrook, IL (US)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Up to date technology and software. Work from home options. Alternative work week..

Cons

The only con I have is the long commute.

Be consistant with other management regarding communication and office rules and standards.

1257 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Working Experience with Allstate

Former Employee - ATO Processing Support  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - ATO Processing Support in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work for. Flexible hours, good pay and the tools available to improve skills.

Cons

Most of jobs are being outsourced to other countries.
    We should take care of our country first so the economy could get better.

Try to do the your best to keep the jobs in America, because Americans are the ones that paying for Insurance. And if American's don't have job, then will have to find insurance elsewhere.

Most stressful years of my life

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Rochester, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rochester, NY (US)

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I started the people who worked there were of very high quality character and were very professional. The training wasn't bad for a company of its size. Good amount of vacation time.

Cons

The work was the most stressful job I've ever had. It's bad enough to deal with angry people on the phone all day, but to be constantly held to unrealistic measurements internally and generally treated like a number by management just put it over the top as unbearable. Long hours because they do not keep the offices properly staffed for the amount of work that comes in. If you tried to discuss ways to make the company better, you could be sure to hear "If you don't like it here you're free to leave anytime". Glad I took that advice.

I was a good employee, I won the distinguished performance award a couple times. Even I felt like I wasn't appreciated because of the horrible way many of my coworkers were treated by management above the local office. Forcing out good workers because they made too much money and replacing them with seemingly anyone who applied was enough proof that no matter how good I was doing, my time would come and I'd be treated the same way.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!