Allstate

www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Development at Allstate

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

At Allstate I’ve recently been able to get the resources I need to advance my career and expand my knowledge in my role. The departments I work in, we are encouraged to collaborate with other employees and share ideas. This not only allows me to develop more working relationships, but also helps me develop my career by learning from one another. I have found this to be very successful and a benefit for career growth. I’ve been at Allstate for a year and half, and I’ve already been fortunate enough to have career opportunities come my way. My best advice to current and future Allstate employees is: Be ready and eager to learn and grow, because the opportunities are there!

Cons

Just like any large corporation, change is big and change is constant.. You can learn and grow from the change occurring.

1376 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Career opportunities / growth is in full force

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL (US)

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Over the past two years the organization has really started to recognize the importance of retaining good talent by offering new developmental opportunities to all employees. This includes temporary rotational assignments, mentorship programs, an internal mobility program that allows employees to apply for any job within Allstate, pay-for-performance merit programs, tuition assistance, etc. The environment is also very inclusive and supportive. In my department we work hard but have a lot of fun together as a team. Management recognizes the importance of work-life balance. We also get one work-from-home day a week which is essential to my sanity as a commuter!

Cons

As with any big organization, there is a lot of room for process improvement ... but I've found this challenge to be another way to grow and improve myself professionally.

Also, big and important changes tend to happen fast (too quickly) here while small changes happen slow. I think this is just another part of working for a large, Fortune 100 organization.

Excellent Company

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

For a person who wants to be part of a large, dynamic organization, this is the place for you. The job duties can be flexible. The benefits are outstanding. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. For those with professional backgrounds, the job is stable. Overall, Allstate is an excellent place to work.

Cons

Although the environment is excellent, the pay in the legal department may not be commensurate with the legal industry standards.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate