Alkermes
www.alkermes.com Waltham, MA 500 to 999 Employees

The workplace that you've always wanted to be at.

IT (Current Employee)
Wilmington, OH (US)

I have been working at Alkermes

ProsThe company has a lot of respect for their workers in general. You are treated very fairly, and they make it so that you are happy to get up and go to work in the mornings. Good co-workers, pleasant work atmosphere. We have managers that actually take the time to get out and work with and for you. You can guarantee that you have good represenation as to your wants, needs, and expectations as they make their way up to the senior management level. You can actually enjoy your job and do a good job that is helping make a difference in a lot of peoples lives.

ConsIf I find any downsides, I'll be sure to post them. In general, there aren't any real downsides as I see them. There is always that person or two that you wish you didn't have to work with as they have no people skills, but you do your time and deal with these people the best way you can. It isn't too hard keeping a smile on your face as you know you'll soon be done. You could consider the location of the company a downside for a lot of employee's, as there are quite a few that make quite a long drive to just work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I know there have been rocky times, but I see you leading us to a bright future.

no career development/training, poor benefits and compensation

Research Associate (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Alkermes

Pros: they practice good science - Cons: No career development/training, poor benefits and compensation. Poor strategy by management (that recently made… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees, train Directors/ADs/senior scientists in basic management skills. Improve HR function in the organization-… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good company for an intern

Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Alkermes as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good science, friendly people, casual working atmosphere, nice and clean… Cons: Not there long enough to tell. Advice to Senior Management: Not there long enough to tell. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Alkermes.

Worked for Alkermes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alkermes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alkermes CEO Richard F. Pops. All reviews posted anonymously by Alkermes employees.