Alcatel-Lucent
3.2 of 5 1,151 reviews
www.alcatel-lucent.com Paris, France 5000+ Employees

Research engineer at Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs

Research Engineer (Former Employee)
Paris (France)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery interesting research environment, I participated to lots of international projects, which is very stimulating. We have the ability to work for many subjects. International working environment with lots of colleagues and partners from different countries.

ConsThings for Alcatel-Lucent are not going very well today. Bell Labs is a bit preserved in the storm, but it may not last several years like that! The futur of Bell Labs may be uncertain...

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management should have a more precise vision of the orientation the research should take.

Best company I have ever worked for

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee)
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for less than a year

Pros: Work/Life Balance, Benefits, Senior Management Cons: Long term business outlook uncertain Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good, Talented People, Flexible Working Environment, Long, Slow Decline, Poor Morale

Naperville, IL (US)

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people are top-notch. Work flexibility is excellent. In the US, telecommuting… Cons: Alcatel-Lucent has been in decline for over a decade - beset by a continuing series of project cancellations and pull-backs. As a result, there… Advice to Senior Management: The same cycle of cutting back on funding and resources across the board to improve the bottom line isn't working. Some hard decisions need… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alcatel-Lucent.

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcatel-Lucent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alcatel-Lucent CEO Michel Combes. All reviews posted anonymously by Alcatel-Lucent employees.