Alberta Health Services
www.albertahealthservices.ca Calgary, Canada 5000+ Employees

Clerk IV

Clerk IV (Former Employee)
Edmonton, AB

I worked at Alberta Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat staff! I worked with some of the most dedicated and caring staff that I have ever met. The front line staff are the ones that really do make this organization. I liked my role, but it was one that I carved out for myself.

ConsWork culture has not great. The management styles were stuck in the past and were a bit outdated. Not much room for advancement. Also, changes were implemented hastily without enough thought and fore planning. There is also a lack of recognition especially for front line staff (at least in my department).

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to embrace change and better communication. Be transparent at all levels of the organization. Take the values of the organization and really make it a priority to show these values to all staff at every level as well as the public. Management should come to work thinking how can I better serve my staff and the public, then worry about the bottom line. Not the other way around.

The most rewarding job ever

UNE (Current Employee)
Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Alberta Health Services part-time for less than a year

Pros: University of alberta hospital creates a positive learning and welcoming environment … Cons: There should be more in- service training for casual… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Literally a glass ceiling with promises of better opportunities with no actions whatsoever.

Installation and Commissioning Facilitator (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

I have been working at Alberta Health Services

Pros: The benefit package and vacation structure seems to be fair. I… Cons: Always the expectation to carry out jobs with little to no incentive or recognition upon completion of work. Little to no learning opportunities in terms… Advice to Senior Management: Recognition, recognition, recognition. Incentive, incentive, incentive. Lead, empower and recognize the staff that are making YOU look good. Just because someone does a good job… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Alberta Health Services.

Worked for Alberta Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alberta Health Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alberta Health Services CEO Gene Zwozdesky . All reviews posted anonymously by Alberta Health Services employees.