Akamai

www.akamai.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Akamai

Awesome company to be part of.. values YOU more than anybody else

Current Employee - Incident Specialist in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Incident Specialist in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Akamai full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Life is very well balanced and nicely organized here in Akamai. I just joined and have already started feeling the positive vibes.. The employers make you feel very VALUABLE and respect YOU for who you are. This was my dream company and I'm living & loving my DREAM.. Thank You Akamai...

Cons

I have recently joined and have found nothing to complain about. I've my friends working there since 4+ years and I can see the satisfaction they have with Life. Life is too short to go behind the CONS.. and the more we think about them; the more we will ATTRACT them into our lives.

Thank you for keeping it so very TRANSPARENT. Awesome management that I have ever witnessed.

334 Other Employee Reviews for Akamai (View Most Recent)

so far so good

I have been working at Akamai

Pros

excellent work culture, get to work on many technologies... no pressure or deadlines

Cons

less challenging work nothing else

Overall very unfriendly environment. Incompetent first-line managers.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA (US)

I have been working at Akamai full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on your manager, telecommute can be encouraged or frowned upon.

Cons

Most of people only keep to themselves. You never know when and who will stab you from behind even just when you think everything is going alright. A lot of managers are extremely short-sighted. They bend forward and take every requirement from Product team and turn them into a CR (change request, just like a bug) without even considering the overall impact to the system and pushing back when necessary. I guess that the manager's performance is evaluated by the no. of CRs they close. That's why they want to open/close as many as possible.

There is hardly any chance for advancement. Unless you're one of the boss's pets, you're pretty much stuck in the same position for many years until either your boss moves up or you can't take it and get moving yourself. Advice for the potential employees: work hard to get the level as high as possible since it'll be very hard to move up once you join.

Do an overall audit of the first line managers. Interview employees and understand if there are anything unpleasant with the same boss. When you get consistent answers, you know who the weeds are.

There are newer employer reviews for Akamai