Advantage Sales and Marketing

www.asmnet.com

Good company if you have little or no ambition.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser  in  Simi Valley, CA (US)
Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Simi Valley, CA (US)

Pros

Flexible work schedules, not micro-managed, nice driving allowance.

Cons

More work than time, repetitive work assignments, low pay.

Create more ways for sales reps to earn additional income.

Other reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Excellent Advancement / Terriable Human Resources and Pay

Former Employee - Regional Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Operations Manager

Pros

Advantage Sales and Marketing will provide you excellent exeriences that you would not recieve any where else. You can start working at the very bottom of the company and quickly advance into senior levels with in the company. With in 8 months I was promoted to a District Manager and 1 year afterwards I was promoted to a Regional Managaer.

In short, if you are looking to have a "tittle" I would reccomend working here, if you would like to have a life outside of work and or have a family this is not the place.

Cons

There is no work/life balance. You will work every weekend with out an option. The schedule is Thursday - Monday, with Tuesday and Wens, being your days off. But, wait.... Our corp office works Mon - Friday, so any updates that come down must be taken care of on tues and wens. In this type of industry you are unable to wait untill you come back to react to such an item. So you will work 7 days a week. As some find that this is ok, the pay is not worth the work.

Club Supervisor - $30,000
    District Manager - 38,000 - 40,000
    Regional Manager - 48,000

As this pay is no where near industry average. There is an extremely high turnover rate, where every 10 days a manager leaves the company.

Human Resources - During my 3 years with the company I have found out that HR runs the company. They implimented an Open Door policy in which any associate can complain about litteraly anything and HR will investigate it. I haved terminated many employees that I have found should have never been let go. But, due to politics there was no choice but too.

So as many of you read this and wounder why does the open door policy bother you? I have been apart of investigations that an associate complained that someones husband (not working for us) was beating another employee at night. HR investigated this! I have seen many investigations that did not pertain to any work related items being investigated because another associate complained.

Human resources as well has a high turn over and takes weeks to see results.

Close the open door policy. Pay your associates what they are worth. Cut back on the useless and unwanted emails. Allow your managers and thoughs that are in the field make the decisions not your Human resource departments.

Horrible company.If you're destitute, a good job for you, however.

Current Employee - RSM  in  West Huntsville, AL (US)
    Current Employee - RSM in West Huntsville, AL (US)

Pros

You work alone.Great co-workers on some teams and your daily contacts are fun to see regularly.That's about it and I'm being generous.

Cons

Horrible pay.NO RAISES EVER.Expensive benefit package.Car expense reimbursement is the pits and is about to be cut again soon.The company cares nothing for their retail associates and it shows.Company bottom line is met on the backs of employees with a constant barrage of benefit cuts.You pay through the nose for the privilege of working for these people.

Treat retail with respect.Give cost of living raises.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!