There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Retail Merchandising

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Retail Merchandising in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Travel east coast, some benefits

Cons

PM shift, Not organized, Cutting wedges

My advice would be to do employee progress checks, actually come in contact with your employees, new employee training programs. Most of all do not use temporary services, and take care of the employees who stick around to get the job done. I use to love my job, but now with all the pay cuts and long time friends / associates leaving for new employment no so much. The work is hard with 12 hour nights, but with not good pay....that seems to decrease monthly. Instead of hiring full time employees they bring in temporary services with people with no training. I have never meet my supervisor in person in the 5 years I've been with the company. Forget it if u have a problem .....HR takes forever and payroll is a headache. Its a job......and I am thankful for it!! I just know it can be more if management was more involved with the process, and concerned about the employees.

727 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

Good Employer

Current Employee - Product Sampling Demonstrator
    Current Employee - Product Sampling Demonstrator

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Events as scheduled, furnished sampling cart, nice uniform, and friendly Walmart to work in

Cons

Like any firm, there are stand stills.

I am getting ready to complete my ten year mark. Great company and a place to work independtly.

Current Employee - Produce Sales Merchandiser  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Produce Sales Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is a company that allows a self starter to work independly to accomplish goals. The benefits are some of the best in the industry. I have had a chance to connect with and stay in touched with many principals from some of the largest manufacturers we represent. In my current position I call on produce managers at a large national grocery chain.

Cons

I wish the company would offer COLA raises. I was sorry to have had my car allowance taken away. I think that we should have hands on training on technology, rather than online.

Upper level management needs to roll up their sleeves and get in the trenches with us. And by upper level, I mean above ROM.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!