Advance Auto Parts

www.advanceautoparts.com

Need new direction

Pros

Decent pay and I only see my direct supervisor a few times a year so I am able to run the store how I see fit.

Cons

Lately corporate has been micro-managing the stores. We also use the slogan "Service is our best part." but we never have enough payroll to make that happen. We are more focused on numbers at every level. Our motto used to be "sell more parts, have more fun." Back then it was a funner place to work and the company did better financially. Now we drill down every figure possible. I appreciate having the reports capable of seeing how my team is doing, but putting so much emphasis on it is hurting moral. Also, the computer infrastructure is about 20 years behind.

Get back to having fun and raising moral and you will see better results in sales. Please quit staffing stores to the minimum hours. If you continue to do this you will have the minimum sales.

Other reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Good some days, intolerable others

Former Employee - Retail Sales, MVR, Key Holder  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales, MVR, Key Holder in Orlando, FL (US)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were friendly and somewhat knowledgeable when considering auto parts. A lot of the regular customers were very friendly and understanding as well.

Cons

If you worked with a team member that had no idea what they were doing, they were making your life more miserable because you'd have to pick up their slack.

Roughly 60% of the job is testing/installing batteries or checking OBD II codes. Company policy states we are not allowed to tell them what the OBD codes mean, but customers are never satisfied with just the code because they're expecting a free rundown of exactly what's wrong with their car. It boils down to a retail job offering free services that are heavily taken advantage of.

A large majority of the store managers are very easy to work with. Power tripping seems to be prevalent with the aren't

Good but not for long term

Current Employee - Mobile Parts Pro  in  Akron, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Mobile Parts Pro in Akron, OH (US)

Pros

Wonderful working conditions, low stress, easy to keep a job

Cons

Low pay, little to no raises, if you want to work full time prepare togive unlimited availibility

It would be easier to hang on to your good employees if you tried to reward for years of service. A full time empoyees for 5 years should be able to break $10/hr but not at my store..

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!