Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Excellent place to work all around

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people -- super smart, friendly, hard working
Great products
Offices are VERY nice (SJ and SF at least)
Employee discount on products is like 90+% (huge discount), and we can hook up friends.
Great other benefits
The right amount of vacation time
Old products shipped to India for maintenance so we can work on cutting edge stuff in the US (this is a good thing!)

Cons

If you work on an old product, Adobe is in the process of rennovating itself, so you might fear layoffs. However even in that case, if you are on top of your game, you'll get rehired by another team before even your last day. If you do get laid off, Adobe gives a 3 month severance, which is huge.

There are a lot of great ideas in the company, and people willing to work on them... stop getting in the way. It takes too many people to make decisions, if you find people that believe in something, empower them instead of putting them through 10 levels of approval. We have some crazy awesome IP here, we can revolutionize the world. With the IP we have, one senior dev can make Instagram in a month.

1102 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

A company that competes with itself

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* Great people
    * Good opportunities if you act on them
    * Interesting projects & technology

Cons

Corporate politics reign at Adobe. Given it's size and history, there is a lot of bad blood between different groups. This leads to different divisions creating similar technologies, instead of investing in a single best-of-breed technology.

Don't take this to mean that the company is on the decline... I just believe that it can be so much better.

The CTO needs to realize he is not hearing the entire story and needs to foster a culture of unification.

Awesome Company, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For the most part, they allow your creativity to run wild and cultivate a culture of innovation. I am consistently presented with new and exciting opportunities and the company is constantly changing with the times. Obviously simply having their name on a resume is huge, but I've found there are plenty of reasons for that to be the case.

Cons

It seems unless you work 60+ hours/week, it's hard to move up per se. Although there are a lot of opportunities, they don't necessarily come with more cash/benefits. The yearly review process doesn't exist anymore and is an "on going" process. That's great in general, getting constant constructive feedback. However, what's yet to be seen is how this will work with promotions/recognition

A clearer path to promotion possibly? More incremental monetary bonuses, especially spot bonuses, would go a great distance as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe