There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Excellent place to work all around

Current Employee - Computer Scientist  in  San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people -- super smart, friendly, hard working
Great products
Offices are VERY nice (SJ and SF at least)
Employee discount on products is like 90+% (huge discount), and we can hook up friends.
Great other benefits
The right amount of vacation time
Old products shipped to India for maintenance so we can work on cutting edge stuff in the US (this is a good thing!)

Cons

If you work on an old product, Adobe is in the process of rennovating itself, so you might fear layoffs. However even in that case, if you are on top of your game, you'll get rehired by another team before even your last day. If you do get laid off, Adobe gives a 3 month severance, which is huge.

There are a lot of great ideas in the company, and people willing to work on them... stop getting in the way. It takes too many people to make decisions, if you find people that believe in something, empower them instead of putting them through 10 levels of approval. We have some crazy awesome IP here, we can revolutionize the world. With the IP we have, one senior dev can make Instagram in a month.

1064 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Awesome Company, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part, they allow your creativity to run wild and cultivate a culture of innovation. I am consistently presented with new and exciting opportunities and the company is constantly changing with the times. Obviously simply having their name on a resume is huge, but I've found there are plenty of reasons for that to be the case.

Cons

It seems unless you work 60+ hours/week, it's hard to move up per se. Although there are a lot of opportunities, they don't necessarily come with more cash/benefits. The yearly review process doesn't exist anymore and is an "on going" process. That's great in general, getting constant constructive feedback. However, what's yet to be seen is how this will work with promotions/recognition

A clearer path to promotion possibly? More incremental monetary bonuses, especially spot bonuses, would go a great distance as well.

adobe

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

big company, lots of resources

Cons

big company, contributions can get lost in the noise.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!