There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great Opportunities if starting at Accenture, but they dwindle as you continue to move up the corporate ladder

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Large exposure to different types of work and people.

Cons

Long hours and continuing to get get more bureacratic since the company went public.

Don't forget about the people who help drive this company forward as you continue to put all of your focus on the bottom line.

8908 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Accenture is a great place to work which I would absolutely reccomend to my friends

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Accenture is a very highly respected company in the field (ranking #1 in many categories.). Accenture provides very interestign work. Employees have a very high degree of visibility to functions within other companies and to the senior leadership in other companies. Accenture offers an extremely large amount of responsibility even for new joiners (I am 27 years old and I have presented to almost 10 C-level (CEO, CIO, COO) clients.)

Cons

Travel, seemingly low pay compared to other firms (?)

Pay more

Accenture is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

The people and culture are great. Very collaborative and supportive. Everyone including sernior executives invite communication. Everyone is available to give 15 minutes to talk to you about mentoring, an idea for a social responsibility initiative, or advice on completing your work. I have seen very junior people have an idea and be supported in pursuing making it real. Many of the current social responsibility initiatives started this way. Accenture also has a great blend of people who are home grown and experienced hires with multiple paths to success. If you started right out of college, you can be on the same track as someone hired with work experience.

Cons

Some projects can be brutal if they are not managed well. This well affect the Accenture experience, but overall senior executives are very supportive of people. LIke any organization that provides System Integratin or Management Consulting services, Accenture doesn't always get it right because of an individual manager who is underperforming, external client dependencies or the project just is not a good idea. More times than not, Accenture delivers on its reputation for getting the job done. I have been fortunate to see tough projects still provide a positive experience as Senior Executives bring a people-first attitude and try to recognize the great work being done on their teams.

Continue to do the things you are doing to promote a positive culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture