There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Rapid growth opportunities ... provided you put in the hard work!

Former Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC (US)
Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for Accenture for five and a half years in the Federal Services group. Many people will tell you that consulting in the Public Service sector gives you a better work/life balance than in the Commercial sector, and I found that to be true. My hours were typically limited to the weekdays (I can maybe recount one time I actually came into work on a weekend), but towards the end of my career, I was working 12-14 hour days.

Accenture is a great place "to launch a career". I found that when I produced quality work, my supervisors found ways to make my career grow. Going from Analyst to Manager in five and a half years is pretty good, by any consulting standard.

Cons

As you are rated against your peers, it can get very competitive, especially as you move up the company. Another issue I had was that I didn't like that I was often limited to working on the "big client accounts", and it was hard to find projects in spaces that I was really interested in (e.g. mobile).

8519 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Pathetic

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only if you want to learn something

Cons

Bad management practices, bad policies, anyone can be forced to work on any project on different technology, anyone forced to change location of city, below average salary, high iteration rate, every week/month somebody leaves team, no work life balance

Improve employee friendly policies to keep employees moving out

I'm Happy

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Very client centric focus which is good for our customers. A great environment. People are very respectful with each other. I would recommend working here to a friend.

Cons

Very corporate atmosphere. Red tape can easily become an issue if there is a situation that falls outside the norm. Compensation is OK but not great when comparing to other companies in our industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!