Accenture

www.accenture.com
  www.accenture.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Has been a good one year

Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with.
Managed to get a project with a lot of work-from-home flexibility.
Good training.

Cons

Poor guidance during the initial period when I was looking for my initial project. I received very little input/help from my group's management on identifying my first project.

9218 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Great place to work but strong focus on IT

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Accenture is a great place to work. I have personally had only excellent experiences with colleagues. Projects are interesting (though mainly focused on IT and business processes) and you get quickly the opportunity to grow in a project management role.

Cons

Accenture is a global company but the incentives and promotions structure makes it in fact a local company. At least in Europe it doesn't happen frequently to be assigned on a project abroad. If you create revenues for another geography, it isn't really appreciated and it won't help with promotion. Moreover, Accenture targets most of the time big clients, which means that if you are interested in more innovative or niche type of work, that will be quite unlikely.

Revise the incentives structure, and considering investing more in incubators.

Fake Meritocracy

Current Employee - Technology Analyst
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent starting salary and out of town benefits add up to an attractive reward package. Flexible working usually means that the company will ask you for over time (unpaid in the UK) but sometimes it can be a benefit to the employee.

Cons

All initiatives aimed at rewarding and recognising hard working, high performing, employees are a sham. People Oscars, Analyst Superstar, performance points and even the official mid year and end of year performance review are handled so badly that there is no correlation between effort/achievement and reward. I have witnessed people pushed for early promotion based on supposed achievements so far exaggerated that they were blatant lies. Luck, corruption and bureaucracy are the most important factors when influencing promotion.

Ditch the meaningless recognition programs unless you are going to make the effort of implementing them properly. Introduce punishment for managers and above who lie during laddering sessions.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture